Thank you to our sponsors
It was not long ago that arts education in schools was thought to be a luxury, and arts classes were cut from the curriculum to make room for more time to prepare for standardized tests. Currently, there is more and more information available that shows how crucial arts integration is to creating well-rounded, well-prepared learners and leaders.
1. Working in the arts helps learners to develop creative problem-solving skills.
Teaching through the arts can present difficult concepts visually, making them more easy to understand.
2. Art instruction helps children with the development of motor skills, language skills, social skills, decision-making, risk-taking, and inventiveness.
3. Visual arts teach learners about color, layout, perspective, and balance: all techniques that are necessary in presentations (visual, digital) of academic work.
Integrating art with other disciplines reaches students who might not otherwise be engaged in class work.
4. Arts experiences boost critical thinking, teaching students to take the time to be more careful and thorough in how they observe the world.
5. The arts provide challenges for learners at all levels.
6. Art education connects students with their own culture as well as with the wider world.
7. Young people who participate regularly in the arts (three hours a day on three days each week through one full year) are four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement, to participate in a math and science fair, or to win an award for writing an essay or poem than children who do not participate.
8. Greater arts education led to fewer disciplinary infractions and higher attendance, graduation rates, and test scores.
The official registration and financial information of Fayette County Cultural Trust, Inc. (EIN 65-1283985) may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732 0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. The Fayette County Cultural Trust will not share or sell a donor's personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations unless the donor has given the Fayette County Cultural Trust specific permission to do so.
Your Tax Deductible Contribution is appreciated